Thursday, April 4, 2013

This is my very first blog post....ever.

So, I figure I'd better toss up a highlight page from some chases.  Here's one from 5-18-2007 near Valley City, ND.

High LCL's anyone?

Nice little RFD slot there starting.  LCL's this day were insane, and so it would take a miracle in order to get anything to actually touch down.

As the storm progressed, it kept working at it, and I figure, let's let the RFD pass over me.  I mean, I didn't really have anything else to do tonight, did I?
RFD passing over top of me.

I had heard about the tornado report in Griggs county earlier in the day.  Didn't think anything would happen here, but heck, it's a neat-o storm anyways.

Neat-o!

Oh, hello there!
"We like to party, oh yeah!" 
RFD Working it's way in

About this time RFD started to work it's way in and around.  Hrm.....



Awww, how cute.....you're wrapping up for me!

I love storms.



So, just after my camera died, three little dust swirls appeared below the little feature there.  

Annnnddd.........

As we look at spotter reports later on that night....

1503 NE VALLEY CITYBARNESND46959796TRAINED SPOTTER LOCATED AT 117 AVE SE AND 31ST ST SE 3 MILES NORTH OF VALLEY CITY REPORTED A BRIEF TOUCHDOWN IN A FIELD 3.5 MILES NE OF VALLEY CITY. (FGF)

Pretty neat, eh? 

This is my first blog entry of hopefully many as I go through and start the process of putting up some chase logs.

No comments:

Post a Comment